Stunning New England Style Victorian Home with Wrap Around Porches to Take Advantage of the Valley & Mountain Views | $569,000 | MLS# 3000140 | Over 1/2 acre lot, completely landscaped including a walking bridge that crosses the seasonal creek. Inside is light & airy w/plenty of bay windows & glistening wood floors. Beautiful granite kitchen counters & cooktop w/abundant white wood cabinets, stainless appliances and breakfast nook. Luxurious master suite complete with bay windows, walk-in closet, double vanity & soaking tub. 3 additional bedrooms filled w/sunlight from bay windows. Private location with the Nunan Estate and & Onyx restaurant on one side then a pasture on two sides filled with grazing deer. Room for RV’s, toys, Shop or carriage house. City water & a well for irrigation. Solar panels put electricity back into the grid yielding an average utility bill of $54 a month. This is a very special property just minutes to downtown Jacksonville, the Britt Festival, fine dining, boutiques & small town atmosphere.
Charming, Private Home with Spectacular Views! | $499,750 | MLS 2999922 | You’ll love this charming, private home with spectacular views of Jacksonville, Medford and the surrounding hills. This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home will give you 2204 sq ft of generous space to move about (without losing that quaint, cozy atmosphere when it’s time to cuddle up by the fireplace with a good book). Wake up each morning to awe-inspiring sunrises in the East and drift off to sleep each night with the tranquil sounds of nature. The 2 car attached garage and the 28×41 shop with roll up doors give you plenty of room for toys and hobbies. Extensive decking, spacious yard and dog kennel/run are perfect for outdoor living. Situated in a friendly community just outside Jacksonville city limits! Don’t miss out on this property, call today for your own private tour!
NEW PRICE! Well-Built Modern Home Snuggled into the Jacksonville Hillside | $554,900 | MLS 2999817 | Enjoy this well-built modern home snuggled into the Jacksonville hillside. Inside you will find hardwood floors, skylights and a bank of windows allowing you to see the commanding views of city lights, woods and the Cascade Mountains. All the living is on the entry floor, with additional family room, den, guest rooms or office below. Huge kitchen is filled with custom cabinets, stainless appliances and leathered granite countertops. Wood doors and window frames, copper trim and arched passages set this home apart from others. Warm yourself by the gas stove in the winter or sit out on the wrap around deck listening to the seasonal creek while enjoying the view. The master suites leads to the private bathroom and soaking tub or through wood French doors to the deck. A private and natural, low maintenance .40 acre lot surrounds this home all just feet from miles of Woodlands hiking trails.
2 additional lots available next-door for:
House + 1 lot $729,900
House + 2 lots $873,900
2 lot $312,500
1 lot $166,500
Oregon enacted, and put into effect, the nation’s first statewide rent control measure on February 28th, 2019, handing a victory to those who say low-income people are squeezed by the housing crunch in many major US cities, and believe rent control is the answer.
On the other hand, landlords and developers argued rent control doesn’t create more affordable housing and argued that to increase affordable housing we need, for cities to lower their system development costs, to set aside lower cost land for lower-income housing, and to add tax incentives to build low income housing.
The Oregon rent-control law limits annual rent increases to 7% plus the change in inflation. New construction, defined as apartments built in the last 15 years, are exempt. This part of the law will affect mainly Portland, which has had a 17.3% increase in rents over the last 3 years. Southern Oregon saw rental prices increase in the last 3 years but at a much slower pace than Portland. What will change is the management of rent increases, and you’re likely to see more annual rent increases instead of increases every few years.
There are more aspects of the bill that deal with evictions, lease terminations and leases converting from a term to month to month. If you manage your own rental property, we would suggest you consult a lawyer or property management company. Here are all the details of the state wide rent control bill and the 4 areas it changes:
#1 Annual Rent Increase
• Landlords may increase rent by no more than 7% + the change in inflation, as measured by the regional consumer price index in a 12-month period.
• Maintains current law regarding rent increases: prohibits rent increases in first year of month-to-month tenancy and requirement that landlords give 90-day notice of rent increases thereafter.
- New Construction: A landlord may increase the rent above 7% +CPI in a 12-month period if the certificate of occupancy was issued less than 15 years ago.
- New Tenancy: If the previous tenant vacated the unit voluntarily or their tenancy was otherwise terminated in compliance with other applicable law, the landlord may reset the rent on the new tenancy without limitation.
- Subsidized Housing: If the landlord is providing reduced rent to the tenant as part of a federal, state, or local program or subsidy, they are exempt.
#2 Eviction Standards
Eliminates the “no-cause eviction” after the first year of occupancy.
- Landlords can continue to evict for a tenant-based cause (current law – i.e., non-payment, violation of the rental agreement, outrageous conduct, etc.).
- Adds four new landlord-based for-cause reasons to evict a tenant:
- Sale to a person who will move in
- Landlord or family member move-in
- Significant repair or renovation of the unit
- Removal of the unit from residential use
- If landlord uses one of these four landlord-based reasons, they must provide the tenant with 90-day notice and relocation expenses in the amount of 1 month’s rent.
- Small landlords (4 or fewer units) do not have to pay relocation expenses.
- Landlords who live on the same property as their tenant (owner occupied, 2 units or less) may still use a no cause eviction at any time.
#3 Month-to-Month Tenancies
• For the first 12 months of occupancy, a landlord may terminate the tenancy without cause with a 30-
• After the first 12 months of occupancy, a landlord may only evict a tenant for cause, by using an
existing tenant based reason or by using one of the four new landlord-based reasons.
#4 Fixed-Term Tenancies
• After the first 12 months of occupancy, the fixed-term lease will automatically roll over to month-to-month unless the landlord has a tenant or landlord-based reason to terminate.
- A fixed-term lease might not automatically roll over at the end of the fixed term per landlord discretion if the tenant has violated the terms of the rental agreement 3 separate times during a 12-month period, with written warnings for each violation given contemporaneously with the violation.
Enforcement: If a landlord violates the new provisions, they are liable for three months’ rent plus actual damages.
Resources: Please reference Senate Bill 608 on the Oregon State website at
Price Reduction! Stylish Home w/ Converted Garage on a Large Lot in SW Medford | $299,999 | MLS 2998476 | This stylish residence is nestled in a desirable Southwest Medford neighborhood. The 1, 790 square feet floor plan incorporates 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The garage has been converted to an additional 462 Sq. Ft. of living space fully equipped with heating and air conditioning and private access. The large kitchen is perfect for the chef of the house with quality appliances and two sinks! The home also features a spacious living and dining area. The generously proportioned interior flows effortlessly from the open-plan living space to the private covered patio. The large fenced backyard with fruit trees, raised garden beds, gazebo and space for a hot tub make this home an entertainer’s dream. New 40 year roof and new hvac still under warranty! With its warm sense of community, and only moments away from shops, Medford schools, and restaurants, this home provides all the elements for relaxing, comfortable and easy-care living. Call today for your own private showing!